The Lucy Hobbs Project 7th Annual Celebration
October 03, 2019
WhereThe Blackstone Hotel
636 South Michigan Avenue
IL , 60605
Achieve Your Personal Best Balance, At Home & Work.
Celebrate Wellness Together
With Your Entire Team.
Our 2019 Annual Celebration is the perfect retreat for your practice. Our thought leaders, panelists and networking events will focus on more than individual wellness. We’ll impart strategies for incorporating wellness concepts throughout your practice to build a happier, more productive and engaged team.
Hear From Diverse Leaders
Who Understand Your Challenges.
Running a thriving, rewarding practice means making yourself a priority. You can’t fully show up for your team as an effective and inspiring leader if you’re not in peak mental, emotional and physical health. Our panel of experts includes women who live your challenges everyday: successful practitioners, specialists, hygienists, office managers and more. Because it’s not about living up to unrealistic goals, it’s about becoming the best you.
Discover Ways To Practice
For Optimum Body Health.
The physical demands of dentistry can be punishing – and the effects only worsen as we age. But you can take steps now to improve your posture and ergonomics, whether you’re a dentist constantly hunched over patients or an office manager too busy to leave your desk. Our speakers will open your eyes to the latest techniques for being more mindful of your body and including more healthy motion in your day.
Get Real With Fun Solutions For
Feeding Yourself & Family.
Busy lives demand energy. But chances are, you’re not only fueling yourself, but family too. When the pressure’s on, it’s easy to compromise for the sake of convenience. Our cooking & nutrition panel will help you live better through realistic tricks for incorporating healthy meals and snacks throughout the day…even when time is tight. From recipe planning to meal prep, you’ll take away valuable tips you can use as soon as you get home.
If you would like to extend your stay at The Blackstone Hotel, there is a Lucy Hobbs group rate of $255.00 plus tax per night (subject to availability).
Register today – space is limited for this amazing event!
Ticket price: $199.00
Event registration closes on Friday, September 27, 2019.
- Thursday, October 3: 1PM-4PM CT – Registration: optional tours
- Friday October 4: Full day of panels, speakers, including CNN’s Poppy Harlow, and the Celebration ceremony honoring 6 Lucy Hobbs Project award recipients:
- 8:30AM – 9:30AM CT – Breakfast
- 9:30AM – 10:30AM CT – Benco welcome / introduction to giveback recipient, Let It Be Us
- 10:30AM – 10:45AM CT – Introduce Panel One
- 10:45AM – 11:45AM CT – Panel 1 “HEALTHY ME”: Earn 1 CE Credit
- 11:45AM – 12:45PM CT – Wellness session
- 12:45PM – 1:45PM CT – LUNCH
- 1:45PM – 2:00PM CT – Wellness tip by Anelody Tice, Gyrokinesis expert
- 2:00PM – 2:15PM CT – Introduce Panel Two
- 2:15PM – 3:15PM CT – Panel 2 “HEALTHY TEAM”: Earn 1 CE Credit
- 3:15PM – 4:15PM CT – Afternoon break / final raffle bidding to benefit giveback recipient,
- 4:15PM – 4:30PM CT- Wellness tip by Anelody Tice
- 4:30PM – 4:45PM CT – Raffle winners / giveback check presentation
- 4:45PM – 6:15PM CT – Celebration of honorees
- 6:15PM – 6:30PM CT – Break for photos
- 6:30PM – 7:30PM CT – Interview with an Emmy-nominated American journalist
- 7:30AM – 9:00PM CT – Cocktail Reception
- Saturday October 5: Morning group wellness activity and healthy breakfast followed by giveback activity
- 8:00AM – 9:00AM CT – Gyrokinesis – a unique method that coordinates movement, breath and mental focus – with Anelody Tice: Earn 1 CE Credi
- 9:00AM – 9:45AM CT – Healthy breakfast
- 10:00AM – 11:00AM CT – Giveback Activity for Let it Be Us
Cost to attend – $199
Here’s a list of our winners! Help us celebrate them!
- Humanitarian Award, Tesa Jolly, DDS
- Industry Icon Award, Linda Miles, CSP, CMC, Speaker, Consultant, Author
- Mentor Award, Carole Ann Palmer, Ed.D., RD, LDN
- Clinical Expert Award, Dr. Deborah V. George, Executive Vice President and Chief Dental Officer
- Woman to Watch Award, Charmaine Ng, DMD
- Innovator Award, Cathy J. Grinham, RDH, Public Health Dental Hygienist
Panel 1 “HEALTHY ME”: 1 CE Credit
- DR. JULIE ARABIA is an associate and general dentist at Dentologie, an innovative dental practice in Bucktown, IL. She is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.
- DR. SHEILA FARAHANI received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Washington. Her practice in Austin, TX focuses on total body wellness including sleep, laser dentistry, salivary testing, TMD treatments and stress relief.
- DR. BETSY CARMACK received her degree in Neuroscience from Vanderbilt University. She was awarded Academic, Ethics and Professionalism, and Oscher Scholarships at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. A fitness enthusiast, Dr. Carmack enjoys competitive bodybuilding and practices in Bennington, VT
- NICOLE ZWIERCAN, RDH was named Mrs. USA Universe 2018. She is a graduate of The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a degree in Science and Dental Hygiene from Kennedy King & University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.
Panel 2 “HEALTHY TEAM”: 1 CE Credit
- DR. VLADANA BABCIC TAL, in practice at Chicago’s Cameo Dental Specialists, received her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. She completed her post-doctorate work in endodontics at University of Illinois-Chicago College of Dentistry in 2012.
- DR. CARRIE ETHEREDGE is a graduate of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. She continued her education at Fort Sill, Oklahoma. She then practiced dentistry in the U.S. Army in Savannah, Georgia. She currently practices inAustin, TX
- MARISSA COHRS, RDH holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry. She later moved from clinical dental hygiene into business administration. A fitness enthusiast, she also owns her own Barre studio inKalamazoo, MI.
- AMANDA FRANKINI, RDH has her Associate of Applied Science in dental hygiene from Kennedy-King College UIC School of Dentistry and her Associate in Biology from Hagerstown Community College, Maryland. She practices at Water Tower Dental Care, Chicago, IL.
For more event details, please contact: