PITTSTON, PA — November 24, 2014 — From operatory to laboratory, a new generation of women is changing dentistry. The Lucy Hobbs Project, powered by Benco Dental, aims to recognize these revolutionaries with six awards that celebrate their distinctive talents.
Slated to take placeat the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland, June 4 – 5, 2015, the Lucy Hobbs Project Annual Celebration Honoring Exemplary Women in the Dental Community will honor those who are setting new benchmarks in the dental profession and beyond. The annual event, named for the woman who, in 1866, became the first American female to earn a degree in dentistry, will recognize and award industry professionals whose achievements mirror those established by Lucy Hobbs.
Beginning now, through the January 16, 2015 deadline, Benco Dental encourages people across the country to nominate women in dentistry who they view as an inspiration to others. Six categories for consideration include:
- Woman to Watch: An up-and-coming leader who utilizes her position to create positive change in the industry.
- Industry Icon: A trailblazer who is consistently recognized and admired for her work in the dental industry.
- Mentor: An advisor who recognizes the importance of supporting, educating and encouraging others.
- Innovator: A groundbreaker who demonstrates a willingness to implement new technologies and business processes without fear of potential failure
- Humanitarian: An altruist who works tirelessly for a charity or cause that benefits the well-being of others.
- Clinical Expert: A skillful practitioner who embraces advancements and adeptly integrates them into patient care.